- Welcome to our new graduate student colleague Robert Bolhofner.
- Welcome to our new undergrad student colleague Adam Hildebrand.
- Prof. Kounaves has been elected a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) in recognition of his contributions to the chemical sciences. More>>
- Our paper "The Origins of Perchlorate in the Martian Soil" has been accepted & published in the American Geophysical Union (AGU) journal Geophysical Research Letters. Link to Paper>>
- Our paper "The Use of Graphene Oxide as a Fixed Charge Carrier in Ion-Selective Electrodes" has been accepted for publication in the International Society of Electrochemistry (ISE) journal Electrochemical Communications. Link to Paper>>
- Congratulations to Dr. Brandi Carrier for successfully defending her PhD thesis and beinfg offer a postdoc at NASA-JPL/CalTech!
- Jessica Dabrowski has been awared a Beckman Scholars Fellowship that will support her for an academic year and two summers to carry out research.
- Brandi Carrier has been awarded a NASA Postdoc Fellowship at JPL to work on the Raman Spectrometer which is scheduled to fly on the 2020 Mars rover.
- Glen O'Neil has accepted a postdoc position at Columbia University.
- Welcome to our new graduate student colleagues Miles Clark and Dongyu Liu.
- Our paper “Electrochemistry of Aqueous Colloidal Graphene Oxide on Pt Electrodes” has been accepted for publication in the ACS journal Langmuir. Link to Paper>>
- Our paper “Evidence of Martian Perchlorate, Chlorate, and Nitrate in Mars Meteorite EETA79001: Implications for Oxidants and Organics” has been accepted for publication in the journal Icarus. Link to Paper>>
- Prof. Kounaves has been elected a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) in recognition of his contributions to analytical chemistry and planetary science. More>>
- Congratulations to Dr. Glen O'Neil for successfully defending his PhD thesis and accepting a postdoc at the University of Warwick in the UK.
- Congratulations to Dr. Kyle McElhoney for successfully defending his PhD thesis and accepting a position as Assistent Professor at Stonehill College.
- Congratulations to Kaitlyn Folds for successfully completing her M.S. and accepting a position at Energy Fitness and Gymnastics.
- Congratulations to Victoria Hansen for successfully completing her M.S. and accepting a position at General Electric Global Research Center.
- Stacey Berkowitz has received a scholarship from the "DeWald Summer Scholar Program".
- Glen O'Neil has received an ACS Travel Award to the Chemistry Congress in Prague.
- Our paper “An Electrochemically Based Total Organic Carbon Analyzer for Planetary and Terrestrial On-Site Applications” has been accepted for publication in Analytical Chemistry
- Prof. Kounaves is featured in the Royal Chemical Society's Chemistry World. Link to Article>>
- Congratulations to Dr. Shannon Stroble for successfully defending her PhD thesis.
- News TBD
- Shannon Stroble has been awarded a GAANN fellowship.
- Congratulations to Jody Maisano for obtaining her M.S. and returning to the US Coast Guard Academy as a chemistry instructor.
- Congratulations to Trish Hredzak for obtaining her M.S. and accepting a position as a PhD student at the University of Delaware.
- Prof Kounaves has received a NASA Achievement Award for "outstanding performance in the planning and execution of the science for the Phoenix Mars mission" and a group achievement award for "development and operation of the Phoenix spacecraft leading to the first landing in the Martian arctic".
- News TBD
- Shannon Stroble has received a Massachusetts Space Grant Consortium (MASGC) Student Fellowship for Fall 2007-Summer 2008
- Prof. Kounaves has received the 2008 "Massachusetts Columbus Quincentennial Award" for his work on the Mars Lander, "in recognition of his innovative achievement and its significance to the Commonwealth."
- Congratulations to Brian Comeau for successfully defending his PhD thesis and accepting a position at Acushnet Company.
Kounaves, Group, News, Kounaves, Kounaves, Kounaves, Kounaves, Kounaves