- Welcome to our new undergrad research colleague Lillie Dennis.
- Our paper entitled "The Role of Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) in the Production of Perchlorate (ClO4-) from Chlorite (ClO2-) and Chlorate (ClO3-) on Earth and Mars" has been published in ACS Earth and Space Chemistry Link to Paper>>
- Welcome to our new undergrad research colleague Vedant Kothari.
- Prof. Kounaves has received the ACS Kavli Foundation Innovations in Chemistry Award. His talk, presented at the Orlando ACS Meeting in April, was entitled "The Chemistry of Finding Extraterrestrial Life".
- Our paper entitled "Indigenous Organic-Oxidized Fluid Interactions in the Tissint Mars Meteorite" has been published in Geophysical Research Letters Link to Paper>>
- Thanks to NASA's ICEE2 Program for supporting our research on the Microfluidic Icy-World Chemistry Analyzer.
- Welcome to our new postdoctoral scholar colleague Dr. Neveda Naz
- Our research in the Atacama Desert is featured in National Geopgraphic. Link to NG Story>>
- Our paper entitled "Perchlorate Driven Combustion of Organic Matter During Py-GC-MS: Implications for Organic Matter Detection on Earth & Mars" has been published in the Journal of Geophysical Research Link to Paper>>
- Our paper entitled "A Transitory Microbial Habitat in the Hyperarid Atacama Desert" has been accepted for publication in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences Link to Paper>>
- Congratulations to Miles Clark on obtaining his MS Degree!
- Congratulations to Dr. Elizabeth Oberlin for successfully defending her PhD thesis and being offered a postdoctoral fellowship at CalTech/JPL!
- Thanks to NASA (COLDTech Program) for supporting our research on Assessing Habitability of Ocean Worlds by Analysis of Surface or Plume Samples.
- Our paper entitled "Evaluation of the Tindouf Basin Region in Southern Morocco as an Analog Site for Soil Geochemistry on Noachian Mars", has been accepted for publication in the journal Astrobiology.
- Congratulations to Robert Bolhofner on obtaining his MS Degree!
- Thanks to NASA (COLDTech Program) for supporting our research on Life Detection on Icy Worlds (SPLIce).
- Andrew Weber has accepted a position at Giner Labs in Newton MA
- Our chapter entitled "Volatiles Measured by the Phoenix Lander at the Northern Plains of Mars" has been published in the book Volatiles in the Martian Crust. Link to Book Chapter>>
- Congratulations to Jessica Dabrowski on her graduation and acceptance to the MIT/WHOI Joint PhD Program in Oceanography/Applied Ocean Science
- Our paper entitled "Solid Contact Ion Selective Electrodes for In Situ Measurements at High Pressure" has been accepted for publication in Analytical Chemistry. Link to Paper>>
- Congratulations to Jingcheng Huang on his graduation and acceptance to MIT's PhD chemistry program.
- Congratulations to Andrew Weber on obtaining his MS Degree!
- Glen O'Neil has accepted an Assistant Professor position at Montclair State University.
- Congratulations to Adam Hildebrand on his graduation!
- Welcome to our new graduate student colleague Robert Bolhofner.
- Welcome to our new undergrad student colleague Adam Hildebrand.
- Prof. Kounaves has been elected a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) in recognition of his contributions to the chemical sciences. More>>
- Our paper "The Origins of Perchlorate in the Martian Soil" has been accepted & published in the American Geophysical Union (AGU) journal Geophysical Research Letters. Link to Paper>>
- Our paper "The Use of Graphene Oxide as a Fixed Charge Carrier in Ion-Selective Electrodes" has been accepted for publication in the International Society of Electrochemistry (ISE) journal Electrochemical Communications. Link to Paper>>
- Congratulations to Dr. Brandi Carrier for successfully defending her PhD thesis and being offered a postdoc at the NASA-Jet Propulsion Laboratory!
- Jessica Dabrowski has been awarded a Beckman Scholars Fellowship that will support her for an academic year and two summers to carry out research.
- Brandi Carrier has been awarded a NASA Postdoc Fellowship at JPL to work on the Raman Spectrometer which is scheduled to fly on the 2020 Mars rover.
- Glen O'Neil has accepted a postdoc position at Columbia University.
- Welcome to our new graduate student colleagues Miles Clark and Dongyu Liu.
- Our paper “Electrochemistry of Aqueous Colloidal Graphene Oxide on Pt Electrodes” has been accepted for publication in the ACS journal Langmuir. Link to Paper>>
- Our paper “Evidence of Martian Perchlorate, Chlorate, and Nitrate in Mars Meteorite EETA79001: Implications for Oxidants and Organics” has been accepted for publication in the journal Icarus. Link to Paper>>
- Prof. Kounaves has been elected a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) in recognition of his contributions to analytical chemistry and planetary science. More>>
- Congratulations to Dr. Glen O'Neil for successfully defending his PhD thesis and accepting a postdoc at the University of Warwick in the UK.
- Congratulations to Dr. Kyle McElhoney for successfully defending his PhD thesis and accepting a position as Assistant Professor at Stonehill College.
- Congratulations to Kaitlyn Folds for successfully completing her M.S. and accepting a position at Energy Fitness and Gymnastics.
- Congratulations to Victoria Hansen for successfully completing her M.S. and accepting a position at General Electric Global Research Center.
- Stacey Berkowitz has received a scholarship from the "DeWald Summer Scholar Program".
- Glen O'Neil has received an ACS Travel Award to the Chemistry Congress in Prague.
- Our paper “An Electrochemically Based Total Organic Carbon Analyzer for Planetary and Terrestrial On-Site Applications” has been accepted for publication in Analytical Chemistry
- Prof. Kounaves is featured in the Royal Chemical Society's Chemistry World. Link to Article>>
- Congratulations to Dr. Shannon Stroble for successfully defending her PhD thesis.
- News TBD
- Shannon Stroble has been awarded a GAANN fellowship.
- Congratulations to Jody Maisano for obtaining her M.S. and returning to the US Coast Guard Academy as a chemistry instructor.
- Congratulations to Trish Hredzak for obtaining her M.S. and accepting a position as a PhD student at the University of Delaware.
- Prof Kounaves has received a NASA Achievement Award for "outstanding performance in the planning and execution of the science for the Phoenix Mars mission" and a group achievement award for "development and operation of the Phoenix spacecraft leading to the first landing in the Martian arctic".
- News TBD
- Shannon Stroble has received a Massachusetts Space Grant Consortium (MASGC) Student Fellowship for Fall 2007-Summer 2008
- Prof. Kounaves has received the 2008 "Massachusetts Columbus Quincentennial Award" for his work on the Mars Lander, "in recognition of his innovative achievement and its significance to the Commonwealth."
- Congratulations to Brian Comeau for successfully defending his PhD thesis and accepting a position at Acushnet Company.
Kounaves, Group, News, Kounaves, Kounaves, Kounaves, Kounaves, Kounaves